I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
WASP WWII CROSSWORD
2. The Commanding General of the Army Air Forces, WWII
4. The compartment inside the plane where the pilot sits
6. Women Airforce Service Pilots
9. The kind of CODE named for tapping out messages over the air waves.
11. What the pilot yells to the ground crew as she switches on the engine.
12. ____ suit, oversized mechanic's coveralls worn by WASP.
13. A person who can identify aircraft flying overhead by the sound of the engine or shape of the plane.
16. Pilots who flew around the country, stopping at small airfields to perform airshows or sell rides
18. The PT-17 trainer also known as the ________
19. A tall structure where the 'aircraft controllers' speak into radios and direct the airplane traffic.
21. The fastest pursuit in the AAF arsenal, P-51 nickname
22. A handle used to control the amount of gasoline being supplied to the engine.
24. By order of Major Urban, worn by trainees to keep their hair up and out of the way.
1. Person flying an airplane
3. A 'pilotless' aircraft controlled by radio signals.
4. Civil Air Patrol
5. Women's Army Corps
6. Women's Auxilliary Ferrying Service
7. Controller of airplane--push it forward the plane goes down, pull it back, the plane goes up.
8. Communication system with a cone to talk into on one end, attached to a headset on the other end.
10. Wrap-around glasses worn when flying open-cockpit airplnaes
11. The creator of the WASP and Director of Women's Flying Training
14. Faster the mail, slower than a phone call-- sent over phone lines by Morse Code and decoded and printed out--then hand delivered.
15. A plane with double wings, one above the other
16. WASP trainees who shared the same room were called
17. One person flying an airplane all alone is flying ____
20. Movement of aircraft from its parked position to another location.
23. Short nickname of the WASP Mascott, designed by Walt Disney.
Want to make crossword puzzles?
Crossword Forge Live